Fischer Migration can take the hassle and stress out of the process of applying for a visa for your partner

Engaged, married and registered couples may have access to partner or prospective marriage visas. Partners of New Zealand Passport holders may also gain temporary visas on the basis of their partner relationship. Partners of temporary visa holders may also join their partners in Australia.

Prospective Marriage Visa 300 (Class TO)

Prospective Marriage Visa 300 (Class TO), followed by an application for onshore Partner Visa 820/801 (Class UK/BS). The prospective marriage visa contains the following conditions:

  • First entry must be made before a date specified by the Minister for the purpose;
  • 8515: The holder of the visa must not marry or enter into a de facto relationship before entering Australia; and
  • 8519: The holder must enter into the marriage in relation to which the visa was granted within the visa period of the visa (9 months from date of grant).
    The estimated timeframe for processing these applications is approximately twelve (12) months and the following expenses are likely to be incurred:

    • Visa Application Charge:
    • Prospective Marriage Visa 300TO:  $4,630
    • Primary applicant: $3,085
    • Secondary applicant over 18: $1,545
    • Secondary applicant under 18: $770 (x2 = $1,540)
    • Partner Visa 820UK: $1,145
    • Wedding costs: payable to suppliers
    • Overseas Police checks: fee payable to supplier
    • Australian Police Clearance: $42 payable to supplier
    • Health Checks: approx. $500 payable to Panel Doctor
    • Representation by Migration Lawyer: $3,300 (inc GST)

Partner Visa 309 / 100 (Class UF / BC)

Processing of this visa is currently estimated at twelve (12) months and the following expenses are likely to be incurred:

  • Form 956 Appointment of Agent
  • Form 956A Appointment of Authorised Recipient
  • Form 47SP Application;
  • Form 40SP Sponsorship;
  • Receipt for visa application charge in the sum of $3,085, paid in Australia;
  • Certified photocopy of biographical page of sponsor’s current Australian passport;
  • Evidence of the sponsor’s employment during the last two years, such as income tax assessment notices, payslips or a letter from their employer confirming length of employment and annual salary; or
  • Certified photocopy of biographical page of the applicant’s current passport;
  • Four recent passport sized photographs (45mm x 35mm) of the applicant with their name printed on the back;
  • Two recent passport sized photographs (45mm x 35mm) of the sponsor with their name printed on the back;
  • Evidence that the applicant and sponsor have met face-to-face as adults and are personally known to each other;
  • Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) within nine months of being granted the 300TO visa (see attached);
  • At least two Form 888 Statutory Declarations by supporting witnesses, attaching certified photocopies of their photo ID;
  • Written statements from the applicant and sponsor detailing the history of your relationship (for example when and how you met, when you became engaged, joint activities, significant events in the relationship), your living   arrangements,  the basis on which responsibility for housework is distributed and your future plans as husband and wife;
  • Form 80 Character Assessment

You will also need to show evidence of genuine relationship, such as:

  • Evidence of any joint ownership of real estate or other major assets (for example, cars, appliances) and any joint liabilities (for example, loans,insurance);
  • Evidence that you and your partner have operated joint bank accounts for a reasonable period of time;
  • Sharing of household bills and expenses
  • Joint ownership or joint rental of the residence in which you live;
  • Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone);
  • Joint responsibility for bills for day-to-day living expenses;
  • Correspondence addressed to both you and your partner at the same address
  • Evidence that you and your partner are generally accepted as a couple socially (for example, joint invitations, going out together, friends and acquaintances in common);
  • Evidence that you and your partner have declared your relationship to government bodies, commercial/public institutions or authorities;
  • Information provided in statutory declarations made by your or your partner’s parents, family members, relatives, friends or acquaintances;
  • Joint membership of organisations or groups;
  • Evidence of joint participation in sporting, cultural or social activities;
  • Legal commitments that you and your partner have undertaken as a couple;