Fischer Migration can assist you with your Offshore Humanitarian Visa
Offshore Protection Visa (Class XB)
Information on this visa can be found on the immigration website at http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/200-. The application is free of charge and processing is currently estimated at 12 months. Migration Agent fees range from $1,200 to $3,500 AUD.
Sadly, fewer than 1% of these visas are granted each year and applicants proposed by an Australian organisation, spouse or dependent child under 18 are given preference. Other Australian supporters may complete a proposal form 681 which will help to demonstrate the applicants’ connection with Australia. The following is a list of organisations currently registered to provide community proposals:
- AMES (Victoria);
- Brotherhood of St Laurence (Victoria);
- Illawarra Multicultural Services (NSW);
- Liverpool Migrant Resource Centre (NSW);
- Migrant Resource Centre of South Australia (SA).
The following forms are required for the application:
- Form 956 Advice by family member of providing immigration assistance;
- Form 842 Application for offshore protection visa (Class XB);
- Form 681 Proposal for offshore protection visa (Class XB);
- Form 80 Personal particulars.
Free advice and assistance in relation to this application may be available from the following organisations:
Refugee & Immigration Legal Service (RAILS), Brisbane Qld
RAILS EVENING ADVICE SESSIONS (EAS):
Every Monday and Wednesday from 5pm, by appointment only, Level 1, 170 Boundary Street West End, Queensland. Phone: 3846 9333
Refugee & Immigration Legal Centre (RILC), Melbourne Vic
Refugee Advice & Casework Service (RACS), Sydney