Fischer Migration is able to assist people who are looking to apply for a temporary student visa
Processing is currently estimated at twelve (12) months. The following expenses are likely to be incurred:
- Base Application Charge: $1,440
- Skills Assessment (if required): fee payable to supplier
- IELTS Test (International English Language Test – if required): $330
- Health checks: approximately $430
- Australian Federal Police check: $42
- Overseas Police checks (if required): fee payable to supplier
- Health insurance: approx. $1,000 per year
- Representation by Migration Lawyer: $2,200 (inc GST) for first application and $1,100 (inc GST) for each subsequent application.
Temporary Graduate Visa 485 (Class VC)
Requirements for Temporary Graduate Visa 485 (Class VC)
- The applicant is younger than 50 years of age
- The applicant is currently in Australia
- The applicant holds an eligible visa
- The applicant meets the two-year Australian study requirement in the last 6 months
- The applicant has at least competent English (eg IELTS 6)
- The applicant has recently graduated with either an eligible qualification or with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (SOL).
Graduate Work Stream
The Graduate Work Stream is for international students who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL): Schedule 1. A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months. Requirements for this are:
- You nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List
- Your visa application included evidence that you had applied for a skills assessment for your nominated skilled occupation by a relevant assessing authority
- Your skills have been assessed by a relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated skilled occupation (‘suitable skills assessment’)
- If your skills were assessed on the basis of a qualification obtained in Australia while you held a student visa, the qualification must have been obtained as a
result of studying a CRICOS-registered course
- You have met the two-year Australian study requirement in the past six months
- Each degree, diploma or trade qualification used to meet the Australian study requirement is closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.
Post Graduate Work Stream
The Post Graduate Work Stream is for international students who graduate with an eligible qualification. This stream is only available to students who applied for and were granted their first Student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years, depending on the qualification. Requirements for this include:
- You applied for, and were granted, your first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011
- You hold an eligible qualification
- Your qualification was conferred or awarded by an Australian university or non-university education provider that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Courses and Institutions for Overseas Students (CRICOS) and that provider offers courses at degree level and above
- Your study for the qualification(s) satisfied the Australian study requirement in the past six months.
Temporary Graduate Visa 485 (Class VC) – Subsequent Entrant
Processing of this visa is currently estimated at approximately 2 months and the following expenses are likely to be incurred:
- Subsequent Entrant Charge: $720
- Health checks: approximately $500.00
- Representation by Migration Lawyer: $550 (inc GST)
You must hold an eligible visa to apply for this visa. You meet this requirement if any of the following applies to you:
- You hold an eligible student visa (a subclass 572, 573 or 574 that was not funded by a government on condition that you return to your home country after graduation).
- You have held an eligible student visa in the past six months and you now hold a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B after applying for any visa other than an ineligible Student visa, ORyou now hold a substantive visa other than an ineligible Student visa.