You may be able to apply for permanent residence via direct entry (if you have three years of experience) or via the temporary residence transition scheme after three years

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa 186 (Class EN)

The Temporary Skills Shortage Visas 482 (Class GK) may lead to  a permanent Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa 186 (Class EN) under the Temporary Residence Transition stream after two years. Processing is currently estimated at three (3) months. The following expenses are likely to be incurred:

  • Skills Assessment: Approx. $1,000
  • English test: Approx: $350
  • Nomination (must be paid by employer): $540
  • Employer contribution to Skilling Australians Fund (SAF):  (must be paid by employer)
  • Business turnover under $10m: $3,000 flat rate
  • Business turnover over $10m: $5,00 flat rate
  • Visa Application Charge:
  • Primary applicant: $3,755
  • Secondary applicant over 18: $1,875
  • Secondary applicant under 18: $940
  • 2nd VAC for any applicant with less than functional English at the time of decision: ap1 $9,800; ap2 $4,890
  • Health checks: approx. $500
  • Police Checks: approx. $50
  • Professional fees: approx. $5,000  plus GST

Requirements for this visa include:

  • Nominated by an employer for an occupation on the MLTSSL in a full-time position for at least two years;
  • No minimum income threshold but terms and conditions must be no less favourable than those that would be provided to an Australian worker performing equivalent work at the same location;
  • Under 45 (exemptions apply)
  • skills and qualifications relevant to the nominated occupation and at least three years relevant work experience
  • Competent English eg Passports, IELTS 6s
  • Temporary Residence Transition Stream
  • TSS Medium Stream visa holder
  • Worked for nominating employer full-time in Australia on a TSS visa for at least three (3) out of the previous four (4) years before the nomination application is lodged, in the same occupation that they have nominated
  • Exempt from English language requirements if completed at least five years of full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution where all of the tuition was delivered in English. You cannot include short courses studied for this purpose.
  • Direct Entry
  • Positive skills assessment at time of application unless an academic nominated by a university, or a scientist, researcher or technical specialist nominated by an Australian government scientific agency; or a 444 or 461 visa holder who has worked in their occupation for two years in the last three years